To make the chips :
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with luke warm water and soak potato slices for 20 minutes. Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel or a dish towel to completely remove the excess moisture.
- Once they are dry, spread out the slices evenly on the baking sheet. If the potatoes are too close together or on top of each other, they could end up sticking together and not crisping.
- Combine salt and spices in a small bowl and give it a mix.
- Lightly brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
To make the nachos:
9. On another baking sheet, spread out a generous layer of potato chips. Top with shredded cheese and bake for about 7 minutes until cheese is melted.
10. Remove from oven and top with a layer of black beans, red onion, avocado and a few dollops of salsa. Enjoy!